[Ledger-smb-users] Creating a database on LedgerSMB 1.5.2
Erik Huelsmann
2017-01-25 14:44:32 UTC
Hi Istvan,

(I've changed the subject so that (hopefully) in the archives we'll get
clear threading...)
Hi,
Here is the debug info about the setup.pl action, where I selected the
lsmb_dbadmin and entered the password and new DB and hit create.
The logs show that your request submitted an 'action' parameter with the
value ''. This means the default action gets triggered which returns you to
the home page.

Conclusion: you found a bug. Filed as
https://github.com/ledgersmb/LedgerSMB/issues/2586.

Expect it to be resolved by 1.5.3. Clicking "Login" will let you create
your database as before, so, please use "Login" for the time being.
--
Bye,

Erik.

http://efficito.com -- Hosted accounting and ERP.
Robust and Flexible. No vendor lock-in.
Pongrácz István

Erik.
Pongrácz István
2017-01-26 12:05:18 UTC
Hi Erik,

It seems, following your advice, I completly missing the dojo package, which was not part of the ledgersmb-1.5.2.tar.gz from sourceforge.

I check it, how to install it to get lsmb work.

Thanks,

István

(I've changed the subject so that (hopefully) in the archives we'll get clear
threading...)
Hi,
Here is the debug info about the [setup.pl action, where I selected the lsmb_dbadmin
and entered the password and new DB and hit create.
The logs show that your request submitted an 'action' parameter with the value ''. This
means the default action gets triggered which returns you to the home page.
Conclusion: you found a bug. Filed as
https://github.com/ledgersmb/LedgerSMB/issues/2586.
Expect it to be resolved by 1.5.3. Clicking "Login" will let you create your database as
before, so, please use "Login" for the time being.
--
Bye,
Erik.
http://efficito.com -> http://setup.pl] -- Hosted accounting and ERP.
Robust and Flexible. No vendor lock-in.
Erik Huelsmann

------------------------------

------------------
Pongrácz István
2017-01-26 12:54:25 UTC
I would like to share my experiences with installing 1.5.2 from sourceforge into a bare minimal debian 8.7 netinst.

Everything went fine, more or less, following the Installation guide and quickstart from ledgersmb.org

I only use starman without nginx/apache etc. as it is an evaluation instance.

To access the server from outside, I had to change the listen address in /etc/systemd/system/starman-ledgersmb.service.

After that I realized, the web page of setup.pl is a little bit strange and nothing works at all: create and login no effect. Erik mentioned to check the console of the browser to see, everything read fine (javascripts etc.), so, there were several dojo related things missing.

I just issued an apt-get install libjs-dojo-core libjs-dojo-dijit to install from debian repository into /usr/share/javascript/dojo and dijit. After that I copied both directories into /opt/ledgersmb/js-src and changed the ownership to ledgersmb:ledgersmb

After restarting the ledgersmb service, it just started working as expected.

Thank you!

Best regards,

István
Pongrácz István
2017-01-26 14:41:05 UTC
2017-01-26 15:50:04 UTC
Post by Erik Huelsmann
What is in your UI/js/ directory? That is where your dojo should be.
There is only UI/js-src directory
Well, that's weird. I just downloaded 1.5.2 from SourceForge.net and found
there to be both UI/js/ and UI/js-src/ directories. The UI/js-src/
directory is empty as you say, but the UI/js/ directory is filled (as I
expected) with compiled Dojo.

The fact that the package is much smaller than it used to be has to do with
the fact that we stopped including non-compiled assets and a few other
unused resources. However, 6MB is the expected size of a LedgerSMB release
in the 1.5 series *with* Dojo.

Anyway, now I have dojo and dijit under /opt/ledgersmb/js-src and
Post by Erik Huelsmann
/opt/ledgersmb/UI/js-src
If that makes things work for you, you (incorrectly?) configured your
system to use "unbuilt Dojo"; normally your system should look in UI/js/
but yours seems to look in UI/js-src/... You can be much more efficient
with downloading of JS assets (and thus building of screens) if you use
"built Dojo".

Regards,